A repository template for ECMAScript proposals.
Before creating a proposal
Please ensure the following:
- You are a member of TC39
- You have read the process document
- You have reviewed the existing proposals
Create your proposal repo
Follow these steps:
- Create your own repo, clone this one, and copy its contents into your repo. (Note: Do not fork this repo in GitHub's web interface, as that will later prevent transfer into the TC39 organization)
- Go to your repo settings “Options” page, under “GitHub Pages”, and set the source to the master branch and click Save.
- Ensure "Issues" is checked.
- Also, you probably want to disable "Wiki" and "Projects"
- Avoid merge conflicts with build process output files by running:
git config --local --add merge.output.driver true git config --local --add merge.output.driver true
- Add a post-rewrite git hook to auto-rebuild the output on every commit:
cp hooks/post-rewrite .git/hooks/post-rewrite chmod +x .git/hooks/post-rewrite
Maintain your proposal repo
- Make your changes to
spec.emu(ecmarkup uses HTML syntax, but is not HTML, so I strongly suggest not naming it ".html")
- Any commit that makes meaningful changes to the spec, should run
npm run buildand commit the resulting output.
- Whenever you update
npm run buildand commit any changes that come from that dependency.